We try to ensure we have two volunteers on duty every weekday when we are open. You will be told how to get a key to the office and will be expected to be on duty from 0930 to 1130.
When a call comes in you need to ask what the client wants and then make a note on the client’s card, or if it is a new client create a card. Then one of you will need to ring around our drivers to see if anyone can do the job and then give them all the details. Then you ring back to the client and confirm the booking.
Other duties may include:
- Receiving envelopes and job sheets from drivers
- Giving out envelopes to drivers
- Arranging for drivers to borrow one of the Centre’s disabled parking badges or wheelchairs
- Giving out information on the telephone to enquirers
- Updating the holiday record to avoid calling drivers when they are away.